Here’s some events that happened on April 27th:
- 1124 – David I becomes King of Scots.
- 1773 – The Parliament of Great Britain passes the Tea Act, designed to save the British East India Company by granting it a monopoly on the North American tea trade.
- 1810 – Beethoven composes his famous piano piece, Für Elise.
- 1941 – World War II: German troops enter Athens.
- 1977 – Designer Michael Mulvey emerges from his mother’s womb after a 24-hour labor
- 1981 – Xerox PARC introduces the computer mouse.